We are committed to promoting good practice in volunteering and we ask that you commit to the following standards before we advertise your volunteer roles:
- Ensure that the roles advertised are current and up-to-date with accurate contact details.
- Respond to enquiries within one week of referral from the Volunteer Centre.
- The Volunteer Centre will refer all expressions of interest – the responsibility for recruiting and selecting volunteers remains with your organisation and not the volunteer centre.
- Involve volunteers according to ability regardless of age, disability, gender, race, faith and all other protected characteristics detailed in the Equality Act 2010
- Fulfill all legal requirements including health and safety, safeguarding, public and employers’ liability insurance and DBS checking where required. (The Volunteer Centre is not responsible for carrying out DBS checks on the volunteers they refer)
- Pay out of pocket expenses – (this does not apply to groups without paid staff who don’t have a budget to pay expenses)
We also advise that you:
- Agree tasks in advance with the volunteer by a role profile or spoken agreement
- Provide induction and training necessary for the volunteer to carry out their role
- A named person to support and supervise the volunteer appropriate to their role